[RTTY] One last comment on pile ups

To: "RTTY, Contesting" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] One last comment on pile ups
From: "Dick White" <whiter26@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 19:13:12 -0600
DXpeditions could help the pile ups by having a pattern to work the callers.
About 30 years ago a few DXpedition stations would start working up 2 then
4-6-8-10 then start back down 8=6=4=2 and start over again . All you had to
was figure out the pattern, find their last call and send 2 above that
frequency. They were easy to work. The pile ups never seemed to get like we
have today. With good planning, the DXpedition can help those calling and
probably get more calls in the log.

Dick  KS0M

P.S. My station is an 18 year old Mosley 4 element YAGI up 55 ft., a trap
dipole for 160/80/40. Last year I put up-8 vertical. I do not own a amp and
100 watts is all I can put out.  I have to listen, listen and listen more to
bust a pile up. Great fun.

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It is the way it is. How you deal
with it is what counts.

Richard C. (Dick) White

Fulton, MO. 65251  U.S.A.

Amateur Radio Station  KS0M