Re: [RTTY] change in pile up procedure

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] change in pile up procedure
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@wildblue.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 17:06:30 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On 2/4/2014 4:51 PM, W5XB wrote:
I forget to push that split button...of which I am quickly
reminded...sometimes more politely than other times.

REPLY:

Again, working QYF you don't work split. A rig with only one VFO can do it just fine.

1. Find the DX station.
2. Move up to a clear frequency.
3. Keep calling him until one of three things happens:

1. You work him.
2 You start getting QRM on your frequency, in which case you move.
3. You get tired and give up.

As long as you're not getting QRM'd, just stay put and keep calling.

You can monitor the DX clusters for a spot that says he went QRT. If the DX is being considerate, he will make his own spot saying QRT or ask his pilot station to make it for him. Or somebody will.

73, Bill W6WRT