Re: [RTTY] Change in pileup procedure?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Change in pileup procedure?
From: "Nelson Moyer" <ku0a@mchsi.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 13:16:18 -0600
Positioning your call in a clear spot and a send delay does work with FT5ZM.
It was easier on 20 meters with a 20 KHz split than on 15 with a 10 MHz
split, and 17 was tough with a 5 MHz split, but I'm in the log on all three
bands. The only band with solid print and no garbage was 15 meters. Here is
the text for the 20 and 17 meter QSOs.

20 Meters

XKU0A KU0A KU0A
KU0APKU0A 599-599 KU0A BK STU 599 599 KU0A
KU0A TU FT5ZM UP WXVW3GH W$&# 599-599 W3GH BK

17 Meters

MKEKU0A KU0A KU0A
ERLVVIVK G0- 599-599 KU0A BK XQTU 599 599 KU0A
JU A  T IURADAQNWILPGMEPPQIPPPVIPPI

Even when you don't have solid print, they can frequently hear you. I'm in
Eastern Iowa, so there's no easy path to FT5ZM.

Nelson, KU0A