Re: [RTTY] RTTY Pileup Management

To: RTTY contest group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Pileup Management
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 15:57:53 -0600
On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 3:38 PM,  <Ktfrog007@aol.com> wrote:

> I myself never have this problem.  In all the years I've used N1MM I  have
> had only one "run" according to it (more than 10 consecutive running QSOs)
> from my home QTH.

I'm here to tell you that you should try!  I held a frequency for
nearly an hour on the weekend and made some 50 QSOs (I should look up
my stats - might have been more!).  All my (HF) antennas are made of
wire and none are higher than about 25'.  Now, I do run the *full*
100W, however ...

Seriously - it's a great way to put a bunch of Qs in the log and it's
fun when new mults call *you*.

Slowly, but surely, I am realizing that my signal is always pretty
loud *somewhere*.  :-)  Only taken me 20 years ...

And thanks for the P49X comments - interesting!