Re: [RTTY] Ionospheric Physics

To: "Hank Garretson (w6sx@arrl.net)" <w6sx@arrl.net>, "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Ionospheric Physics
From: "Shoppa, Tim" <tshoppa@wmata.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 18:51:34 +0000
Oh you forgot the exchanges like

RYRYRYRYRY
[CR][LF]
,,,,,,...... N3QE GOOD MORNING  ,,,,,......
[CR][LF]
,,,,..... HELLO TIMOTHY YOU ARE 5NN @3x*&   ,,,,,,,.....

Where they just send the same thing back again every time I ask for a fill on
the serial number (which inevitably prints as complete trash).

It is very important that they send "5NN" because as we all know N is way
shorter than 9.

One moment of joy in the test resulted from a static crash obliterating the
shift and first digit of "599 LA LA" into "OO LA LA". So a corollary to the
rule: If you're AA5AU the static crash only improves your exchange.

Tim N3QE