[RTTY] RTTY RU 2014

To: RTTY Reflector <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY RU 2014
From: Dave Greig <daven3buo@att.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 09:04:15 -0600
  ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: N3BUO
Operator(s): N3BUO
Station: N3BUO

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 17

------------
   80:  135
   40:   67
   20:  129
   15:  366
   10:   14
------------
Total:  731  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 51  Total Score = 77,486

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:
I worked 17 hours. My new 23 inch monitor has a minor flickering issue
which triggered a migraine on Sunday. Before the next contest I need to
re-connect the monitor to a HDMI port.  The should remove the flickering
issue.
Had some RFI issues at the start.  I put some chokes on a few cables and
ground the rig, computer and the amp together at the rig. It is interesting
because the the rig ,computer and amp were all grounded to the buss bar in
the shack, but when I daisy chained them together the RFI stopped. RFI
issues are always odd.

WA5FWC and AF4FN came over before the contest and we rigged a 80 meters
sloper, this worked worked great (Thanks to Gary and Josh). This was the
first time I have ever used power from my home QTH. The SB200 needs some
work but preformed well.  Had issues using the amp on 40 and 80 meters, the
amp would not tune any more power than 125 watts.  This may been cause by
operator error? Or by not checking the amp out through before hand.

Condition were odd. 10 meters was real long, 15 meters was the money band
and I did my best performance yet on 80 meters.

Thank You!
Dave Greig N3BUO
Phone: (682) 422-6667
Google Plus: gplus.to/801Tactical