Re: [RTTY] Code Permutation Tape Printer - what?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Code Permutation Tape Printer - what?
From: Ben Antanaitis - WB2RHM <wb2rhm@wb2rhm.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 11:25:16 -0500
Jim,

I believe that this is an old Western Union Telegram message strip printer.

When you sent a WU telegram, the person at the other end (the Addressee) would get a piece of WU Telegram paper with the message glued onto it in lines formed of strips of words. I think what we are looking at is the machine that would print the tape with the words printed, to be cut and pasted onto the yellow Telegram form.

If this were a TeleType device, it would say TeleType on the motor.

73,
Ben - WB2RHM