[RTTY] AL9A - JARTS RTTY Contest

To: "RTTY Contesting" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] AL9A - JARTS RTTY Contest
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 16:41:00 -0800
JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: AL9A
Operator(s): AL9A
Station: AL9A

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Wasilla, AK
Operating Time (hrs): 10:12

80: 2 2
40: 40 21
20: 147 39
15: 298 47
10: 172 34
-------------------
Total: 659 143 Total Score = 236,522

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Good band conditions, great fun! I spent most of Sat. doing the Boy Scout
Jamboree On The Air(JOTA)event so that really cut into the op time and final
score. I had 17 boys in the shack at various times. Given the ages of JARTS
contest ops, I think we will need some of these kids as new blood in a few
years! The youngest op I worked was 30, the oldest 98.

BTW, if you are a K3 owner trying to send RTTY with your CW paddles, for the
love of God, STOP IT! Have some consideration for what your s-l-o-w sending
speed is doing to the rate and pile up management of the run station you are
trying to call. It is tantamount to malicious interference. Build or buy a
decent hardware interface and run a contest logger that can handle RTTY the way
it should be sent. Thank you!

73,
Gary AL9A