Re: [RTTY] TinyFSK modem for 45 and 75 baud

To: "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] TinyFSK modem for 45 and 75 baud
From: Andrew Flowers <aflowers@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 15:56:36 -0400
Andreas wrote:
> - if I did that right and the routine is accurate -

That's a good point, Andy--we're all assuming that the stop-bit tracking
routine in 2Tone is accurate.   You could always put a scope on the logical
output if you really wanted to look at the waveform over time.  Then you could
see jitter and anything else.

I am also not sure that 2Tone will copy one stop bit.  If it's not printing
correctly then the number being reported is meaningless. It looks like 46ms
might be an upper limit, too....maybe David fails over into an "asynchronous"
mode in this case....I don't know.  I do know MMTTY *will* copy one stop bit.
Fortunately, almost nobody sends that on ham bands since frame errors become
much harder to recover from.

For those keeping score at home, one bit = 22ms at 45 baud.  So 1.5 stop bits
should 33ms, and 2 stop bits should be 44ms.

Andy K0SM/2