Re: [RTTY] [NCCC] Contest Courtesy--A Different Take

To: Hank Garretson <w6sx@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [NCCC] Contest Courtesy--A Different Take
From: Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 11:28:21 -0700
On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 8:46 AM, Hank Garretson <w6sx@arrl.net> wrote:

> My take on contest courtesy is a bit different from what has recently been
> espoused on the RTTY list. I don't expect everyone to agree with me, but I
> hope that everyone will consider my approach.

I agree with Hank.

But also, when I get a conversational response to a contest CQ, I try to be
nice and send back something that at least gives them a response in kind,
and hopefully they will feel welcome to the contest, something like:

QSL BOB GOOD COPY NAME JEFF JEFF QTH VIRGINA CITY NV 73 THX AND HAVE FUN DE
W7RN QRZ

Just takes a few seconds really. They usually get the hint that I need to
move on. - jeff wk6i

--
Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff@gmail.com