Re: [RTTY] Slow RTTY

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Slow RTTY
From: " pcooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 09:15:40 -0700
Hi all,

I'm sure this will cause some arguments, but as a microHam user, I can assure
you that if you select "STRICT BPS" in the ports menu of the router, you WILL
get slow RTTY.
I know this, because I had that problem when I first set up the MKII.
Several folk kindly emailed me to say that if I un-checked the Strict BPS
check-box, I would be OK, and yes, I have been since doing that.

For all you folks running an MKII with MMTTY, try checking that box, and then
sending a string of text. You will soon see what happens!

The "slow" RTTY associated with the K3 is down to totally different factors,
some of which can make the transmission unreadable, and sounding like a drunken
duck! It also very much depends on how good the op is with the paddles. Some
can make it work, while many cannot.

73 de Phil GU0SUP