[RTTY] BoD wideband digital

To: "RTTY contest group" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] BoD wideband digital
From: "Ron Kolarik" <rkolarik@neb.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 17:45:26 -0500
Please note the subject change. I got a response back from my director,
positive one,
but I don't have permission to repost it. I don't want to appear as bashing one mode or
another so here's some ideas to do your own research and make up your own mind
what is really going on.

Ask your director who was on the ad hoc Symbol Rate Rule Modernization
Committee.
Ask how they voted and why.
Research the callsigns of those involved and not just QRZ, you'll have to do a bit of leg work.
Read the BoD meeting minutes from January and July, available at the ARRL
website.
Look up FCC RM-11306 or do a search on it, find some of the forums that had discussions
about it.
If you want to know what happens when wideband is turned loose look at the 30m
band
utilization chart, please read the information along with the chart, it's NOT a bandplan it's
actual usage.
The problem with most of the wideband usage is they are not frequency agile, in effect they 'own' a frequency. Add up the percentage of the entire band being used by the fixed wideband
systems, anything wrong with that picture?

Ron
K0IDT