[RTTY] Proposed Rules Changes for the ARRL 10m Contest and ARRL RTTY Rou

To: nf4a@knology.net
Subject: [RTTY] Proposed Rules Changes for the ARRL 10m Contest and ARRL RTTY Roundup
From: "KC4HW/Jim" <kc4hw@centurytel.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 14:09:05 -0500
Charlie,

Would like to propose a new "UNLIMITED" category for both the
ARRL 10m Contest and ARRL RTTY Roundup.  Much like that that is
found in the ARRL Sweepstakes (PH/CW) contest.

This would allow the "packet cluster spot assisted" and the MULTI_OP
participants in these contests to have there category properly identified
and efforts acknowledged.

Currently all the spotting assistance entries for both of these contests
are grouped into the MULTI-OP category.

This practices serves to distort the efforts and results of those true
MULTI-OP entries that choose to open their stations for others to learn
and participate in a group effort.  I am sure that many new contesters
have been introduce to this facet of our hobby through just these types
of MULTI-OP efforts.

The UNLIMITED category will enable those participants to continue to
push the technical limits of our hobby.

Thanks for your help with this Charlie and 73.

Jim/KC4HW