[RTTY] Anyone using only 1 stop bit?

Subject: [RTTY] Anyone using only 1 stop bit?
From: "aflowers@frontiernet.net" <aflowers@frontiernet.net>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 06:06:25 -0700 (PDT)

Out of curiosity, is anyone transmitting only one stop bit in RTTY (i.e.,
"5-N-1").  EXTFSK from MMTTY appears to be fixed at 1.5 stop bits (I think),
and many of the modems are transmitting either 1.5 or 2 stop bits. the AFSK
software out there seems to default to 1.5 as well.  I haven't seen anyone
sending one stop bit that I can recall, but I haven't done a systematic
survey.  I imagine some of the Baudot-supporting UARTS might default to 5N1,
but I'm not sure.

For the curious, 2Tone will show the stop-bit duration of the signal it is
receiving in the bottom status bar (22ms = 1 bit at 45baud).  If you print your
TX audio in 2Tone it will show you what stop bit duration that you are *really*
sending.

Thanks,

Andy K0SM/2