Re: [RTTY] OPEN UKRAINE RTTY CHAMPIONSHIP 2013

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] OPEN UKRAINE RTTY CHAMPIONSHIP 2013
From: Ktfrog007@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 11:04:26 -0500 (EST)
It's a short contest set up to favor Eastern Europe.  Makes sense for
them, but not much for the rest of the universe.  I had about 40 QSOs,  mostly
on the higher bands.  All of them were tough because the bands were  never
optimal for me at the time of the contest.  Mostly comic relief from  the ARRL
DX Phone.

I spent a lot of the time spotting stations for others to hear  and work
and maybe stir up a bit more activity.

N1MM sort of worked for me but didn't handle the exchange (XXNNN)  properly
if the QTH field was pre-filled.  To make it convenient, I'd  delete any
pre-fill and then click on the exchange.  Also, N1MM let me do  the dupe
determination, rather than flagging it directly.  A minor  inconvenience since
it
did show the previous QSOs at the bottom of the  log.  I just had to pay
attention to the band and time.

I saw the log rules and they seemed rather draconian, but I'll submit my
log to help others out.  I would encourage others to do the same.

73,
Kermit, AB1J

In a message dated 3/3/2013 15:51:43 Coordinated Universal Time,