Re: [RTTY] correct time

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] correct time
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 20:18:17 -0500

I am wondering why some people are using this software when Windows
has built in timekeeping.

The Windows synchronization function was broken in many versions of
Windows and the default configuration is not adequate to maintain
the accuracy required for JT65 or many EME operations.

I've found time-sync (http://www.speed-soft.de/) to be far better and
more reliable in Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 than either Dimension
4 or Windows' own built-in synchronization functions.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV