[RTTY] Multiple contest exchanges

To: RTTY@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: [RTTY] Multiple contest exchanges
From: W1BYH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 18:50:22 -0500 (EST)
Using Writelog, I do almost the same as W4UK, building several short macros
 together, as needed.

I send the report 599 NNN NNN NNN most of the time when S&P, except for  ver
y strong stations, and when I am running  (rarely)  I usually send  the NNN
only twice.  I found I had virtually no requests for repeats, even  with
very weak stations, such as JA's from my East Coast location.

I have found that, using two decoders, receiving the report sent twice (599
 NNN NNN) often produces two or even three different numbers, requiring a
request  for repeat.  Wasted time !!

When a weak station only sends 599 NNN, you almost have to ask for a repeat
 to ensure your og entry is correct, as many times it is not !

Just my two cents worth --

Norm W1BYH