Re: [RTTY] Uh-oh (LoTW Server)

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Uh-oh (LoTW Server)
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 10:02:15 -0500

> A week or so ago I asked the LoTW Help desk about how many were too
> many users and was told that the message means it is down for
> scheduled maintenance.

I seriously doubt that LotW is/was "down for scheduled maintenance" at
9 PM on Sunday when Connecticut has just received 2+ feet of snow and
just as contest logs are beginning to be uploaded in real numbers.

Now that the processing capacity problems have been resolved, LotW has
a serious reliability problem.  The system has an "up time" of less
than 95% since catching up after the backlog and new hardware.  In the
world if IT that's a *failing grade* for any system.  I'm told by those
in the industry that the error message is one from an obsolete (no
longer supported) SAP database system that is apparently being used as
the "back end" for LotW.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV