Re: [RTTY] Dash vs space, one last time

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Dash vs space, one last time
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 18:16:07 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 16:55:55 -0800, you wrote:

>If you are willing to accept a single number, with no confirmation
>by a repeat, why in heaven's sakes are you even transmitting
>repeated numbers in the first place?

REPLY:
Good question, Here's a good answer:

I don't send the exchange twice for my benefit. I send it for the other
guy's. I want his log to be as accurate as mine.

There are folks who disagree and send their exchange only once. They figure
if they send 123 and it prints 153, too bad. They don't care what goes in
the other log. I do care and that's why I send twice. Is it perfect? No. Is
it better? Yes.

But I'm not fanatic about it either. If I print clearly what appears to be
a valid exchange, that's what goes in my log. This is not life and death.

The whole point of the dash vs space is to prevent the case when NOTHING
prints clearly. If I print 123 clearly one time I will not second guess it.
Make sense?

Bill, W6WRT