Re: [RTTY] The Problem with AFSK ...

To: RTTY contest group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] The Problem with AFSK ...
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 11:50:44 -0600
On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@subich.com> wrote:

> This behavior is all to typical of AFSK signals where the audio is

I think you are confusing technology with operator skill.

I have no doubt that W7AY can put out a cleaner RTTY  signal using
AFSK than I can with my IC746Pro running FSK, but FSK is a LOT harder
to screw up.

Any mode that requires that an audio signal be fed to a transceiver is
just begging to be screwed up ... and often is, as you've just
reported!

But that's not the fault of AFSK - that's the fault of the operator.