Re: [RTTY] RTTY spectrum analysis article

Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY spectrum analysis article
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 09:30:08 -0500
>No, this doesn't necessarily mean you should give
>up "true" FSK keying. There are things you can do about it, and some
>people are people taking responsibility and doing these things--please read the
>article!

That was depressing.  Transmit filters are only enabled on the Icom radios I
have on SSB, so there is no apparent option for improvement that I can see for
without switching to AFSK which, in turn, makes the radios just about useless
for contesting as there is no practical way to use the RTTY Rx filters without
also transmitting FSK.

Unless I missed it in the article, I see no way to improve things short of
buying a new radio with a design that does not currently exist!

Al
AB2ZY