Re: [RTTY] US call areas in contests

To: RTTY contest group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] US call areas in contests
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 16:13:09 -0600
On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 11:05 AM, Phil Cooper <pcooper@guernsey.net> wrote:

> Maybe some of you that are so unhappy about the rule ought to email the
> contest sponsors and see whether they are willing to change things? I can't.

*Maybe* some of the folks who think this is dumb should just sit out
the contest and let the rest of us out-dated folks play.

In all the years I've been on this list there has been much whine (and
not a small amount of cheese) offered but I don't remember anyone
whining about having to include a self-assigned indicator if they
lived out of their radio district.  What's next, whining about having
to include a serial number?  Or the time?