[RTTY] Update on RadioShack "Ground Loop Isolator"

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Update on RadioShack "Ground Loop Isolator"
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 23:52:06 -0600
A few months ago I brought up a discussion regarding the fact that RadioShack
no longer sells the individual audio isolation
transformer and replaced it with a "Ground Loop Isolator".

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062214

I finally put it to good use this past weekend by using it to connect from my
NIR-12 audio filter to the input of my outboard USB
sound card (receive only) to make use of both left and right channels. I was
then able to open two instances of MMTTY within
WriteLog, with one being a cloned window, and used two different MMTTY
profiles. It worked GREAT!

Without going into a lot of discussion, there are better rated audio
transformers out there. This was discussed at length on this
reflector and the results can be found in the reflector archives. But for $20,
this product seems to be worth the time and effort it
takes to "roll your own" audio cables.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com