[RTTY] Icom Interfacing

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Icom Interfacing
From: Jay WS7I <ws7ik7tj@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 13:05:58 -0800
Gold star to Joe K0BX who solved the mystery of Icom interfacing. More than likely some obscure bug in Writelog.

Here is the answer.  writelog.ini

[Ports}
CommSlot1=4
CommSlot2=3
CommSlot3=5
CommSlot4=6

This computer has Com1, and Com3,4,5,6  I am using 4 for rig control

[RIGS]
Com4:= 19200,n,8,
Icom IC-706=0x58
IcomForceSplit=1

My Ic-706Mk2G is on 58 and at 19,200

The secret to the mystery is leaving off the stop bits. Oddly enough I use/used Com1:=19200,n,8,2, or even 2,x for Com1 and that works but not for Com4-6. This is not the case for other rigs as I have an identical setup for my FT-1000D and Com4 works just fine.

Thanks Joe and to others as well.

73 Jay WS7I