[RTTY] off-frequency stations - use of AFC

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] off-frequency stations - use of AFC
From: Wa3frp <wa3frp@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 08:11:51 -0400 (EDT)

How many others use {profile0} with MMTTY?

{profile0} a N1MM macro that will reset MMTTY (only) to HAM default definitions
for RTTY mark, space, width.

For example in RUN, using:

F1 Run Call CQ,{TX}{ENTER} cqww {MYCALL} {MYCALL} cq {PROFILE0}{RX}
and
F3 Run TU,{TX}{ENTER} ! tu {MYCALL} cq {PROFILE0}{RX}

I found that it was easier to keep MMTTY on the HAM default this way and also
helped by starting new each time that I call CQ.

"...Another contributing factor when using MMTTY is failing to reset the tones
default when turning AFC off. If you watch MMTTY's tone frequency with AFC on
but no signal being received, you will see it wander around several Hz. If you
simply turn off AFC and the tones have wandered off the default, that's where
they stay. The point is, when turning AFC off you MUST ALSO click the "HAM"
button to reset the tones. If you are running N1MM logger, there are check boxes
in the DI setup that can do this for you automatically...."

Russ - WA3FRP
wa3frp@aol.com