Re: [RTTY] kenwood ts 850 filters for rtty.

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] kenwood ts 850 filters for rtty.
From: Jay WS7I <ws7ik7tj@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 18:07:53 -0700
Having both owned and used TS-850's for a long time in the past.  A
stock kenwood 250 Hz 455 IF will work just fine.  Used them this way at
W5KFT for many many years. Never operated any 250 Hz filter that didn't
work fine that came from Icom (751, 761, 765) Kenwood 930, 850.  Yaesu
FT-1000D.  No doubt inrad's might be better.

However, if you are using sound card RTTY then wider might actually be
better.  But I continue to use hardware modems along with sound cards in
combo.  I have used the cocoaModem and 2.0 Khz filters, but Chen writes
much better software than what most windows folks are using.

Jay WS7I