Re: [RTTY] PSK31 is faster (Was FD RTTY Question)

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] PSK31 is faster (Was FD RTTY Question)
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 14:16:20 -0700
On 6/30/2012 1:47 PM, aflowers@frontiernet.net wrote:
> The original complaint, as I understood it, was the PSK31 was slow in
> FD. That made it much less fun for experienced RTTY operators who are
> used to the faster exchanges available with RTTY software
> integrations. People have different definitions of "fun", but most
> people stop operating when the fun stops.

HI Andy

I think one thing that makes it really slow is that most PSK op's that
I've worked just send canned macro's back and forth.  You ask a question
and you get rig, QSL route, grid square, date and time, etc, etc.  It
was the same on FD.

All they need to send is '5A OR', but you get a brag tape and everything
else along with the exchange.

I don't know if there is a PSK reflector, like this one for RTTY,, but
if so, it would be good to educate some of these op's on how to operate
a contest with PSK.  73
Tom W7WHY