[RTTY] BARTG AB2ZY SOAB HP

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] BARTG AB2ZY SOAB HP
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 23:54:37 -0400
I finished first in the #2 US call area last year.  I doubt that will be
repeated.  Propagation was lackluster, especially at night.  40M was noisy and
dead.  Maybe it's selective memory, but even though last year I operated 5 more
hours with only about 75 more total QSO's it seemed a much busier time than
2012.  This year the contacts seemed to come much harder.  Runs were slow and
lonely.  I found myself taking 1 hour breaks to go watch basketball, walk down
to the lake, get a snack; anything to kill time while waiting for some new
blood to appear on the bands.

And though there were plenty of QSOs with WA5ZUP and AA5AU to remind me that it
was a RTTY contest, no W6WRT was logged.  Bummer.

                    BARTG HF RTTY Contest

Call: AB2ZY
Operator(s): AB2ZY
Station: AB2ZY

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Caroga Lake, NY
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5

   80:    1       1          1
   40:   41       9          6
   20:  372      19         40
   15:   12       5          7
   10:
Total:  426      34         54  Continents = 6  Total Score = 224,928

Club:

Comments: