Re: [RTTY] More on 60 meters

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] More on 60 meters
From: "Charles Morrison" <cmorrison@lusfiber.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 23:12:16 -0500
Not that I've ever used 60M, but the part that confuses me is that RTTY is
too wide of a signal for the channels, yet somewhere along the lines Pactor
3 with its potential to be the widest of them all, has somehow managed to
narrow its signal to that of PSK and CW?  I understand the no automation,
but let a Pactor3 station send a binary, and that signal will be much larger
than any 170hz shifted Rtty, right?

This of course doesn't take into account the potential for the Double Wide
Banders that will no doubt do everything in their capabilities to maintain a
nice "narrow" signal.

SCS.... Behringer....anyone?

Charlie
Ki5xp