Re: [RTTY] WPX funnies

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WPX funnies
From: Tom Homewood <w1to@roadrunner.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 09:33:52 -0500
On 2/14/2012 6:00 AM, Bill Turner wrote:
> REPLY: I don't know the answer to Ron's question but I have another
> WPX funny, possibly related to the above. About four times I received
> "W6WRT 599 000 000". In each case, the station immediately recognized
> the invalid serial number and quickly sent a valid one. Just curious
> how this happened in the first place. Some new software? 73, Bill W6WRT

Reply to Bill,

I have done this with N1MM, I believe it happens if you log the contact
before the other station acknowledges the report and he asks for a
repeat. This is when using ESM and maybe a Macro in the DI window. I am
not sure of the exact sequence, but it is pilot error, not the software.

73, Tom, W1TO