[RTTY] Jammers

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Jammers
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 21:33:22 -0800
Listening to HK0NA on 40 meters tonight, I got the feeling that the
jammers are getting more clever.

There was a period when at least four stations in a row called
repeatedly right on the transmit frequency. Of course, the kops jumped
in with their UP UP UP (even though he was listening down) and made an
unholy mess out of things.

I think the jammer had preset macros with four different callsigns and
just sent them one after the other. Perfect kop bait. And very successful.

The format of the macros was exactly the same - same number of
callsigns, each ended with K.  What are the odds?  The signal strength
was about the same too, although a clever jammer would vary his power
with each transmission.

Don't know the answer to this one, except to try to track 'em down.

73, Bill W6WRT