[RTTY] Thanks!

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Thanks!
From: "WB2COY" <wb2coy@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 11:08:56 -0500
Thanks to the 10-RTTY contest and the sunspot numbers,
I am happy to say that I have finally achieved DXCC on RTTY
with my meager station, which consists of an ICOM 756ProIII,
G5RV at 25 feet, US Interface Navigator, and a combination
of Writelog, N1MM, RCKLOG and Stand-Alone MMTTY and
FLDIGI. (I like to try them all). All contacts made with 100W
or less (most at 50W), I don’t own an amp.

My application was accepted and completed all via LoTW,
so I hope to receive a nice Christmas present in the mail.

Thanks to all the contesters and DX operators who made
this possible by their use of LoTW. This and other forums
have been especially helpful in my getting back into
Ham Radio after a long dry spell, with digital modes now
my favorite. I am only sorry that I missed getting a true
RTTY DXCC, even though all the QSOs I submitted were
made on RTTY, but I’ll take it. Now on to 5B-DXCC!!

Special thanks to Don, AA5AU for his very valuable
resource at www.rttycontesting.com.

ps.   I worked the Guam station in both contests. He
was not giving a serial number in TARA, but did give
me one in 10-RTTY.

73, Bob WB2COY