Re: [RTTY] Re the 10m RTTY contest

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Re the 10m RTTY contest
From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 14:57:11 -0600
There will be all kinds of explanations ("excuses') for that.

1) They didn't read the rules
2) It was a choice in their contest setup (QRP/LP/HP) and it defaulted to HP
3) They were active but won't send in a log
4) They will send in a Checklog
5) They wanted to see how it felt to be a "Top Gun" station, walking
over all the other signals
6) "Life's too short for 100 Watts" mindset?

Am I missing any??? :-)

This was an interesting contest for RTTY, with 10 meters only. It forced
everyone to stay on that band (obviously) and revealed peculiarities in
propagation. Well, at least for me it did. I enjoyed the contest but
could not devote 100% effort this time. It was amazing to see all the
signals up into the "nose bleed" frequencies!

BTW, if anyone wants to run their log through one of my Log Analyzers,
you can download the latest ARRL RU analyzer and import your log into
that version. Here's the link to the download page: *

http://tinyurl.com/7xjxypc*

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN