[RTTY] 10-RTTY Contest

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] 10-RTTY Contest
From: "John Marranca, Jr" <KB2HSH@amsat.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 07:39:48 -0500
Congratulations for a stellar event.  Well, that may be a bit of
exaggeration on my part, but this contest combined the two things I enjoy
most within Amateur Radio: RTTY Contesting and 10 meters!  Someone had
alluded to the idea that it was slow at times.  It was.  There were points
where it seemed that due to propagation, there wasn't anyone new to work.
 But, when that happened, a quick break to check on the XYL (whom was a bit
under the weather, as it were) or to run an errand.  When I returned to the
rig, new ones to work.

But it's not ALL bad.  This was the first contest that I used both Macs in
the shack.  The Mac Pro with fldigi 3.10 for RTTY, and my iBook with RUMped
3.12 for logging.  This combo worked extraordinarily well...and if there
are other Mac Hams that have been looking for a solution such as this,
don't hesitate to try RUMped for contest logging.

73 de John KB2HSH

--

John Marranca, Jr
-PBX Technician-