[RTTY] What Adapters ?

To: "RTTY@contesting.com" <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] What Adapters ?
From: KB1NAL <kb1nal@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 19:17:09 -0700 (PDT)
Hello:

    First of all, I want to say Prolific USB Adapters are absolute crap.
It's a company in Taiwan, and they use the worst and least expensive
metals in their products, which is doomed to fail.  Their chips are not
wired correctly on the cable.  It crashed my system three times and I sent
the piece of crap back.

  FTDI makes the best chips for adapter application.  There's a company
in Colorado, that sells interface cables, programming cables, and adapter cables
with built in chips, that uses the FTDI chip technology.  Their website is:
http://www.rtsystemsinc.com/othercables_template.cfm  ; They sell cables
for Yaesu, Kenwood, and Icom radios.  Check them out and don't use
Prolific chips.  They're doomed to fail and not work properly..

73 de Lee KB1NAL