[RTTY] 80 meters noisy NOT!

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] 80 meters noisy NOT!
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 21:03:43 -0700 (PDT)
Well, DUH!

Spent about two hours on 80 meters in the WW trying to pull stations through.
The band seemed unusually noisy and lots of stations called me that I just
couldn't print. Very frustrating.

And then..... I noticed my external USB hard drive was turned on. I knew that
was a noisy beast but I had forgotten all about it. Turned it off and unplugged
the power supply (noisy all by itself) and like magic, the band went quiet.
Lots of signals.

My apologies to all those who called me. Fortunately there is still lots of
contest left. Please try again.  :-)

Bill, W6WRT