Re: [RTTY] ft-847 on rtty?

To: Mark n2qt <n2qt@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ft-847 on rtty?
From: Doug Hall <k4dsp.doug@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 16:41:28 -0400
Mark,

My understanding is that the only way to work RTTY on the FT-847 is
via SSB mode. Even if you have a narrow CW filter it can't be used in
SSB. There's no data mode from what I can determine.

Note: I don't own an FT-847. I looked at them at one time, and RTTY
operation was one of the things I checked on. At that time I ended up
buying a Kenwood TS-2000 which works very well on RTTY and still
allows satellite and VHF/UHF operation.

73,
Doug K4DSP