Re: [RTTY] CQ WW RTTY question

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CQ WW RTTY question
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 21:50:31 -0500
The order in WriteLog is RST, ZONE, QTH but it really doesn't matter because
RST is automatically populated with 599 and the zone
gets populated automatically depending on the callsign or from a prefill ADIF
file.

The thing to remember is you need to only send RST and Zone once in your
exchange and your state twice.

My exchange message when I'm running is:

AB1J 599 4 LA LA

When S&P, I send only "599 4 LA LA " (notice the space character after the last
LA) unless I feel the running station did not get my
callsign correctly.  If I think he/she has my call wrong, I send:

AA5AU AA5AU
599 4 LA LA AA5AU

Hopefully the other station will figure out he/she has my call wrong.

Always end your message with a space character to separate the end of your
message from noise characters.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com