Re: [RTTY] Digital DXCC or ARRL Board of Directors, respectfully: have m

To: Don Hill <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Digital DXCC or ARRL Board of Directors, respectfully: have my strong disagreement
From: Fabi va2up <va2up@live.ca>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 23:53:36 -0400
Hi Don and all,
while I won't get wet on the current digital vs rtty dxcc issue, concerning
your inquiry I have been running low tones on radio 2 (the K3) since I got it
last year. I've had no issues whatsoever. In time my left ear lost a lot of its
higher freq. capabilities and being able to use low tones fsk and still being
able to use the dual tone filter has been a blessing. Furthermore, as fatigue
settles in running two different tones, one in each ear could make life a
little easier for the so2r op. I find it helps resetting the 'compass' when the
brain gets too tired. When operating so1r I now always use low tones, I find
this a lot less stressful than the Pro 2 DPF's continuous hiss.
Now for so3r...I'll be waiting for your report. GL

73,

Fabi  va2up
http://sites.google.com/site/va2upcontesting/