Re: [RTTY] DXCC

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] DXCC
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 18:15:31 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 15:57:32 -0400, "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com> wrote:

>It's time to put all of this behind us ...

REPLY:

I am not putting this behind me and I hope others don't either. The ARRL has
made a major blunder with their decision and I intend to keep pestering them
about it every chance I get.

The ARRL should be increasing the scope of their awards, not shrinking it. There
is no reason, other than laziness, for refusing to acknowledge the many
different accomplishments possible with various combinations of bands and modes.
There are many "firsts" waiting to be accomplished in Amateur Radio with regard
to band-mode awards. How about the first 10 meter Hellschreiber DXCC? If someone
wants to pursue it (and add a few dollars to the ARRL treasury) why not?

Our hobby has a long history of recognizing people for new accomplishments in
radio, big and little. We should be encouraging these pursuits, not discouraging
them.

73, Bill W6WRT