Re: [RTTY] Digital DXCC or ARRL Board of Directors, respectfully: have m

To: RTTY contest group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Digital DXCC or ARRL Board of Directors, respectfully: have my strong disagreement
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 18:23:59 -0500
On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 18:10, David VE3VID <ve3vid@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Would it not be simpler to have a digital mode DXCC for those who wish to use
> all dig modes for their DXCC, and leave a category for RTTY DXCC since it is
> as you have said a historical mode?  This is one of the reasons I like RTTY
> above PSK. And FYI I am an ARRL member. I think all of the RTTY awards should
> be preserved as is.

I would prefer to keep the RTTY award ...  but .... to add another
mode award (i.e. one for Digital, one for RTTY) will dilute the DXCC
"brand".  Some will say "continue to dilute" given that the WARC band
and even the other band awards aren't all that old.

Look at WAS - there are so many band, mode, and band-mode awards that
it's very nearly impossible for *HQ* to keep track.