Re: [RTTY] RTTY to Digital DXCC

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY to Digital DXCC
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 18:49:08 +0100
Hi all,

Well, I can't resist responding to some of emails this topic has brought
about!

I too don't favour losing the term RTTY on my DXCC certificates, but I
already have my RTTY DXCC certificate, so I can keep that, and simply add
the little stickers as I get more countries.
It's a shame for those starting out in RTTY though, until, that is, you
start to look a little deeper.
Like Don, I have a couple of countries confirmed on PSK31  - and even one on
Amtor - that have contributed to my "RTTY" DXCC.
So, although I have a certificate stating "RTTY" on it, in all honesty, it
isn't!

Of those that don't favour the change, I wonder how many of you truly have
an all-RTTY only claim?

Personally, I would favour "digital DXCC" for each band, instead of nothing
as they currently are.

And let's not get into the discussions on SSB and SSTV. I don't use either!
But I do have CW DXCC, just to prove I can do it!

73 de Phil GU0SUP

---
Virus Database (VPS): 110721-0, 21/07/2011
Tested on: 21/07/2011 18:49:08