Re: [RTTY] DigiFest Contest Results - K7VC

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] DigiFest Contest Results - K7VC
From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 12:20:25 -0500
I put an hour into the contest, RTTY 75 only. It was the first time I
had tried AFSK using the Icom Pro 3. It worked 'okay' but if I was going
to get serious about it I would need to rewire the cables in order to
use the data jack on the back of the transceiver. I hacked together an
AFSK solution using the front panel mic input. (The i-Mate accessory
provides an 1/8" jack for a secondary audio source for TX.)

I'm a hardcore FSK addict and there isn't a good (FSK) solution for
MMTTY driven beyond 45 baud. In other 75 baud events I have used my
Kantronics KAM Plus to TX at 75 and I receive  using MMTTY. In that
configuration I can use the Twin Peak Filters in the Icom if I want.
This weekend I setup N1MM / MMTTY so I could receive both 45 and 75
bauds simultaneously. That worked well.

I worked 11 stations total, 4 stateside and the other 7 were EU. I ran
low power. K7VC was my first contact. I was working on another project
in the shack and left my radio tuned to his signal to see the level of
activity. Not much! I worked 1, 3, 5, and 7 USA call areas and OH, HA,
PA, OE, UR, DJ, and EB countries.

The band conditions were not great so I resent my report several times
to avoid AGN? responses. It kind of defeated the rate increase at the
higher speed, but it's still fun to see the reports zip across the screen.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

Operator Category : SINGLE-OP
              Band : ALL
             Power : LOW
              Mode : RTTY
  Default Exchange : EN35
        Gridsquare : EN35NJ

              Name : Robert Chudek
           Address : 32129 Lofton Ave
    City/State/Zip : Chisago City  MN  55013-9524
           Country : USA

      ARRL Section : MN
         Club/Team : Minnesota Wireless Assn
          Software : N1MM Logger V11.6.1