Re: [RTTY] RTTY Digest, Vol 102, Issue 5

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Digest, Vol 102, Issue 5
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 16:50:42 -0700
On Jun 5, 2011, at 3:30 PM, Bill, W6WRT wrote:

> I've never made a Q at 300 but I'd be willing to try if anyone wants to make
> a sked.

You might want to broaden the shift a little if you want to do FSK at 300 baud;
perhaps use 200 Hz shift like the HF Packet guys?

300 baud with a 170 Hz shift is a higher baud/shift ratio even than what is
used in MSK (Minimal Shift Keying).

You will find that most of the HF 300 baud activity is on HF Packet (300 baud,
200 Hz shift).

In the USA, be careful not to go above 300 baud below the 10m band, or you will
run afoul of 97.307(f)(3).  You can knock yourself out up to 1200 baud on 10m
(governed by 97.307(f)(4) instead).

73
Chen, W7AY