Re: [RTTY] Off Subject Help Needed - Ghosting a hard drive?

To: RTTY-reflektorn <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Off Subject Help Needed - Ghosting a hard drive?
From: Jan Palmquist <jan.palmquist@mailbox.swipnet.se>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 08:08:57 +0100
Hi Don

I have done this a couple of times of the same reason.

As you have a Western Digital HD you use a free tool from them.

See

http://support.wdc.com/product/downloaddetail.asp?swid=119&wdc_lang=en

It allows you to clone your HD to a new one and also
resize the partitions. This software only works if one of the
disks is made by Western Digital.

Seagate has a similar tool for their drives.

You just connect the new HD to the PC on a free slot or via a
USB to IDE/SATA converter. Run the software and when it's done
you just remove the old HD that can also serve as a back-up.

I have done this on old drives before the fail or when I replace
a small drive in a lap top with a larger, faster.

73
Jan - SM5FUG