Re: [RTTY] RTTY Newbie and brag files

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Newbie and brag files
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 09:40:55 -0800
Hi Mike

You have asked a very good question!  Why do they do it?  I have no clue.
It seems as though it is worse on PSK than RTTY, though.

When is the last time you had a SSB QSO with someone you don't know and they
tell you all that information?  Or on CW?

Sometimes it is kinda interesting when they send rig and antenna, but other
than that, I don't have a need to know.  I think maybe it is because they
can't type and just fill buffers with a bunch of stuff to send to kill time.

The one that gets me is 'Operator Date of Construction' or something like
that, and send their birthday.  WHAT IS WITH THAT??  I think the only thing
I haven't seen is their zip code and pants size :-)

Brag files actually started way back when when we would make a tape of rig,
etc, but it has gotten totally out of hand.  73
Tom W7WHY