Re: [RTTY] Keyboard vs Mouse

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Keyboard vs Mouse
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 07:03:46 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 17:45:09 -0500, "Larry Gauthier \(K8UT\)"
<k8ut@k8ut.com> wrote:

> lured me to the rodent

REPLY:

The word "rodent" reminds me of a great true story. Completely off topic
but I just have to share.

After I retired from engineering I worked part time in the local library
and part of my job was teaching computers to newbies. One day an old
fellow came in and wanted to sign up. We are out in the desert here and
this fellow looked like a stereotype old time prospector - You'd have
thought he tied his mule up outside. He said to me "I want to learn
computers young fella, but I warn ya - I don't know nothin' about 'em.
Don't even know how to use the rat".

It was all I could do to keep a straight face.

73, Bill W6WRT