Re: [RTTY] TJ9PF now QRT

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] TJ9PF now QRT
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 22:23:36 -0000
Hi all,

Damnation! I missed them on 10m yesterday (Saturday) afternoon. And this
morning, they were barely audible from here.

But, this was one DXPedition that I had a real crack at, and managed them on
30m to 12m inclusive, all RTTY, and with only 100 watts.
I know it is fairly close to me, but it is due south of me, with a large
granite cliff just half a mile from my QTH in the way. Most of that part of
the west coast and southern Africa is hard for me.
Still, it sounds better than AK !!

I think the TJ9PF team deserve recognition for their efforts on RTTY. They
have done a sterling job, and appear to have been on all bands from 80m to
10m RTTY, and given each band a good session.
I did note they were on 40m during WPX RTTY, working up, but not in the
contest. A pity really, but I can understand their choice.

I was also more than happy to work S9DX on 20 and 15m in WPX too.
Both are new countries for me on RTTY.

They did well, kudos to them all.

73 de Phil GU0SUP

---
Virus Database (VPS): 110220-1, 20/02/2011
Tested on: 20/02/2011 22:23:37