Re: [RTTY] Working the next one

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Working the next one
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 19:54:47 -0000
Hi all,

Like others, I use Writelog, and use a buffer to work one, and then the next
on one smooth easy manner.
I also use the line described by Don AA5AU, which is:
"%R%P1 TU NOW %C 599 %3 %3 %C %E"

To accomplish this, I have it programmed into one of the F-keys (F10 in my
case), and the way it works for me is to work someone, and then log them
using the ENTER key (as if I was S&P), click on the call I want to work
next, and then press F10.
This sends:
AA5AU TU
Now AD1C 599 002 002 002 AD1C

Well, I usually include names where know, and a TU in front of the 599, but
what you put, and how you put it is up to you.
But, it is as simple as logging one with ENTER, clicking on the next call
you want to work and pressing F10.

It isn't difficult to use, so long as you keep a cool head, and the second
caller waits long enough to see that you are calling him!

It is slicker than one alternative, which I spotted numerous times in WPX,
which is to send the usual TU QRZ? Buffer, but to hit ESC to stop the Tx and
then press INSERT or F2.

All good fun, and if the propagation continues to improve, it could be very
useful!

73 de Phil GU0SUP

---
Virus Database (VPS): 110216-0, 16/02/2011
Tested on: 16/02/2011 19:54:47