Re: [RTTY] Upside down

To: "RTTY Contesting" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Upside down
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 10:57:18 -0900
Just answered my own question.  I went into MMTTY Option(O)/Setup
MMTTY(O)... and on the Soundcard tab changed the receive soundcard from my
microHAM CODEC to the internal sound card in my Dell laptop.  I then played
the wav file with Windows Media Player and the diddles decoded in MMTTY with
no problem.

As I watched MMTTY decode the last couple of contacts in the contest I was
getting ready to hit the REV button to decode the gibberish I had seen
during live reception.  Much to my surprise the gibberish did not appear and
a call that had previously not been decoded with the WriteLog MMTTY plug-in
was now printing on the screen.  I then went into WriteLog again and played
back that part of the recording with the WriteLog player.  Again, the
gibberish did not print and I was able to see the call on the screen.  Not
sure what happened or why it did not print live but does print from the
recoding.  I checked my general logger and I have worked the call several
times before, but all of them were on SSB.  It may be he has just started up
in RTTY.  I will drop him an email and see if it was him who was trying to
contact me several times in the contest.

73,
Gary AL9A